Friday 30 October 2009

A week in the life of... Becs

Monday – well it was an excellent start to the week when we had a slight glitch in the electrics which meant we were computer-less. With our resident IT expert off the premises, the care of the servers etc fell into my lap. Luckily everything ran smoothly and we avoided any issues. Phew!
I spent the rest of the day writing up case studies and copy for future campaigns and press releases.

Tuesday – After a few weeks of saying ‘I really should document how to do this’ for others in the company (and for clients too) I finally got around to writing How To Guides for blogging creating marketing campaigns. I also made a few updates for clients the Manchester Phoenix and Infection 2009.
I left on the stroke of 5.30 (very unlike me) today as I had to get to Manchester to see a band called Phoenix play. They were brilliant, one of the best live bands I have seen in a while (and I have seen quite a few recently). They were supported by a band called Chairlift who I also thoroughly recommend.

Wednesday – Every Wednesday I take content provided by the Manchester Phoenix and put it into a lovely html email template and this Weds was no different.
I was also tasked with setting up Michelle who has joined us to cover Danni whilst she goes on maternity leave with emails and a computer. After my time moonlighting as an IT expert again I returned to my real life as a marketer making email-able invites, again for our friends at the Manchester Phoenix.

Thursday – Holidaaaaay! It was about time but I had a well deserved, if I do say so myself, day off. I had a lovely time catching up with my friend, watching Total Recall and eating Chinese food (If you are ever in the Manchester area and looking for moderately priced, excellent quality Chinese I suggest you head to Sweet Mandarin in the Northern Quarter. Very good stuff!)

Friday – back to work and in an extremely quiet office. Just as I settled in with the heating on high and my favourite radio station in the background thinking I was alone for the day, two noisy project managers turned up to join me! :)
The entirety of Friday was spent catching up on bits and bobs of jobs and completing tasks I had started previously. Was very productive and I feel much more organised.

Its Danni’s leaving day today and I really wish her Good Luck. Her presence in our ‘late lunch club’ will be missed but I am sure she will be back in the New Year to show us the little ‘un.

And that was my week!

It wasn’t a typical week, but then they never are, but I hope this gave you a slight insight into my working life.

Becs

No comments:

Post a Comment