Friday 11 September 2009

The evolution of language...

Bonjoúr.

In the Sales & Marketing department it has become VERY popular to speak a mix of English and French or, Frenglish as I am dubbing it.

Sales & Marketing Director George Thompson was the trend setter as he bizarrely started dropping words and phrases such as ‘oui’ and ‘tres bien’ into conversation in a terrible French accent. This was quickly built upon by Amanda, Rachel, Trish & myself with questions such as ‘Où est la toner nouveau for the printer?’

As you can tell, our French skills are a little lacking however in my defence I have never had a French lesson in my life! Infact, I have even begun adding the odd bit of Spanglish including ‘no me gusta la smell in la toilette’. That was a bad example but it perfectly illustrated our grasp of the foreign tongue.

Amanda has the highest level of French fluency (we once heard her on the phone to people at Disneyland Paris and were amazed to say the least) but seems to be contributing the least to the conversations. This is probably a wise move on her behalf.

Until next time, ‘Hasta la vista, mon ami’.

Becs

No comments:

Post a Comment